Focus of content & target group
While travelling and through storytelling, the focus is always on the destination, at the same time keeping my readers in mind. I seek to inspire and give relevant content to independent, quality minded travellers seeking travel advice, inspiration and recommendation.
→ The primary target group is Norwegian couples aged 35+, traveling on a medium plus to high budget.
I offer travel advice and storytelling in a personal tone of voice within a variety of themes and aspects, such as
- city breaks with trendy atmosphere
- active travel/soft adventure and beach holidays in beautiful nature
- local culture in terms of quality wine and food, art, literature and music
- adventures in road trips and train trips
- unique accommodation in terms of historical stays, boutique and/or design hotels
Winner Norway’s Best Travel Blog 2017
This is what the jury said:
The blog shows great diversity, is user friendly and easy to navigate. It features beautiful pictures and an inspiring, fresh design. There is a personal touch but no navel gazing. And – perhaps most importantly – it’ll make you want to travel.
Reiselykke in Numbers
- Unique monthly readers: 20 000 +/- a month
- Demographics: 76 % women | 84 % live in Norway | largest age groups: 25 – 54 years old
- 4000+ followers @reiselykke
- Demographics: 65 % women | 45 % live in Norway | largest age groups: 25 – 54 years old
Other social media
- Facebook: 3100+ followers
- Twitter: 800 followers
Interviews in the media
About the award Norway’s best travel blogger:
- Visit Norway (in English): Norwegian travel blogger of the year shares her favourite destinations
- Radio 102: Årets reiseblogger deler ferietips på 102
- Haugesunds Avis: Haugesunder kåret Norges beste reiseblogger
- Hnytt: Mette fra Haugesund er Norges beste reiseblogge
- Visit Norway (in Norwegian): Årets reiseblogger kårer sine norske favoritter
As travel expert
- Interviewed in the national newspaper VG about traveling alone
- Interviewed by NTB about exotic traveling at winter time
- Interviewed by Dagbladet’s sub section about traveling at Christmas time
- Interviewed by Bistandsaktielt about responsible travel
- Interviewed by Jobb og næring about starting your own business and traveling for a living
- Interviewed by magasinet Reiselyst: offering travel tips for the Faroe Islands
- Interviewed by Ut i verden about starting your own business and traveling for a living
- Interviewed by KK (women’s magazine) about traveling alone
- Interviewed by Haugesunds Avis about traveling for a living
- Interviewed in the daily newspaper Dagsavisen about where to go for a romantic holiday
- Interviewed in the daily newspaper Dagsavisen about where to go to expand the summer holiday in September
- Inteviewed in the Danish national newspaper Politiken about where travel experts go for their summer vacation
- Interviewed in the national daily newspaper Aftenposten, recommending where to go in Europe for a weekend trip.
- Interviewed in the national daily newspaper Dagsavisen, recommending places to travel for New Years Eve
- Interviewed on national radio NRK P3 «Hallo P3» about travel and offering travel tips to Fellah Hotel in Morocco
- Interviewed in VG, Norway’s biggest newspaper about travel and travel blogging
- Interviewed in Aftenposten, Adresseavisa, Fædrelandsvennen, Bergens Tidende and Stavanger Aftenblad about travel photography and ethics. The articles is also available in the online magazine klikk.no
- Interviewed in VG about the launch of Nordic Nomads (paper edition)
- Interviewd in Magasinet Reiselyst, Norway’s biggest travel magazine
- Interviewed in the online magazine klikk.no, offering travel tips to Iceland
- Interviewed in the magazine Magasinet Norden about the launch of Nordic Nomads, and offer travel tips to Iceland (paper edition)
- Mentioned as one of Norway’s travel blogs in the national newspaper Dagbladet
As travel writer in other publications
As travel journalist and columnist, I deliver articles to various media.
I write columns related to travel, as well as travel articles, portraits and interviews and feature articles. I have several articles published regularly in VG’s travel magazine VG Reise (published four times a year), their daily newspaper and/or in their online travel magazine, vg.no/reise.
More about my work as published travel journalist: → in English → in Norwegian
Publisher of digital guides
I publish digital travel guides for the Norwegian market and sell them online at my shop at ReiselykkeMedia.no.
As travel photographer
As travel journalist and blogger, I deliver travel articles with photos I’ve taken myself. I also sell travel photography to media houses for articles written by their in house journalists.
My travel photography is seen in publications such as VG, NTB, Dagbladet, Norsk Ukeblad, Aschehoug Litteratur, etc.
More abut my work as published travel photographer: → in English
Memberships / participations
- Co-founder of Nordic Nomads
- Board Member in Impact Norway: Action Against Needless Disability
- Member of PATA Norway Chapter
- Relates to STS Code of Ethics
Stefan Gadd, PR director in Göteborg & Co mentions Reiselykke’s «Guide to Gothenburg» as an example of Norwegian media attention for Gothenburg last year. He writes /in Swedish):
«Most visitors come from Norway. Norwegian press visits us often and does nice travel guides such as this one from Reiselykke»
For inquiries about collaboration, sponsored posts, ambassador ship, ads, campaigns or press trips: