Welcome to Reiselykke® – my universe of travel and culture
Reiselykke® is all about exploring our horizons, learning from each other and about ourselves.
I believe travel is essential to fight polarisation and increase understanding between people and cultures.
As a traveler I look for ways to be a more responsible tourist and travel in a sustainable way. A focus I have written about since the very start of Reiselykke as I write what I learn.
A journey can be so many things: It can be geographically, both far away and close to home. We can travel in words we read and words we write. We can even travel in our minds.
And this is why I call it my universe, as I combine my own writings about travel and culture with literature, writing classes – and in the near future: guided tours together with the tour operator Vilja.
Life is a journey 🦋
Media Kit for Reiselykke®
About Mette – Reiselykke
- Established in 2011
- Winner Norway’s best travel blog in 2017
- Freelance journalist for some of Norway’s largest newspapers and magazines, such as VG and Norsk Ukeblad, and more. See my portfolio here
- Broad experience with communication within publishing, travel, media and academia
- Regularly interviewed in the media in regards of travel advice, destinations, sustainability and entrepreneurship. See examples
- Interviewed about solo travel on TV
- Have published 8 travel guides. See my store
- Sertified yoga teacher and breath coach
- Runs an online bookstore in collaboration with Pokket (Gyldendal publishing House
My target audience is readers 35+ with medium high to high income looking for unique getaways and who wish to explore beyond the resort of their accommodation.
These are some of my previous partnerships and collaborations
What the jury said:
The blog shows great diversity, is user friendly and easy to navigate. It features beautiful pictures and an inspiring, fresh design. There is a personal touch but no navel gazing. And – perhaps most importantly – it’ll make you want to travel.
I am frequently seen in media, interviewed about travel trends, travel advice and giving inspiration and tips about destinations and responsible travel.
You can see me talk about solo travel on national tv here (in Norwegian).
With regards, Mette ∞