Reiselykke is an online travel magazine published by Reiselykke Media, offering travel advice and travel stories by experienced travelers.
All our travel articles are based on personal experiences, and Reiselykke do not publish «desk journalism». The main writer and editor is Mette Solberg Fjeldheim, owner and founder of Reiselykke, with additional travel articles published by freelance travel journalists.
Focus of content & target group
While travelling and through storytelling, the focus of our content is always on the destination, at the same time keeping my readers in mind. We seek to inspire and give relevant content to independent, quality minded travellers seeking travel advice, inspiration and recommendation.
→ The primary target group is Norwegian couples aged 30+, traveling on a medium plus to high budget.
We offer travel advice and storytelling in a personal tone of voice within a variety of themes and aspects, such as
- city breaks with trendy atmosphere
- active travel/soft adventure and beach holidays in beautiful nature
- local culture in terms of quality wine and food, art, literature and music
- adventures in road trips and train trips
- unique accommodation in terms of historical stays, boutique and/or design hotels
- responsible tourism & eco-tourism
Winner Norway’s Best Travel Blog 2017
This is what the jury said:
The blog shows great diversity, is user friendly and easy to navigate. It features beautiful pictures and an inspiring, fresh design. There is a personal touch but no navel gazing. And – perhaps most importantly – it’ll make you want to travel.
Reiselykke in Numbers
- Page views a month: 35 – 40 000
- Demographics: 70 % women | 87 % live in Norway | largest age groups: 25 – 54 years old
- 4 800+ followers @reiselykke – all authentic followers
- Demographics: 65 % women | 46 % live in Norway | largest age groups: 25 – 54 years old
Other social media
- Facebook: 3 300+ followers
- Twitter: 800 followers
Looking for information about ads?
Reiselykke as travel expert
Mette from Reiselykke is frequently seen in media as travel expert, interviewed about travel trends, travel advice and giving inspiration and tips about destinations and responsible travel.
Publisher of digital travel guides
Reiselykke Media publish digital travel guides for the Norwegian market, for sale in our online shop Reiselykke.com/butikk
Reiselykke as content creator
Reiselykke is a miniature media house, offering content (text and photography) also to print magazines. Mette also write columns for Norway’s largest newspaper, Verdens Gang / VG.
→ Content delivered by Reiselykke Media is seen in publications such as VG, NTB, Dagbladet, Norsk Ukeblad, Aschehoug Litteratur, etc.
More about publications here → in English → in Norwegian
More about travel photography in other publications: → in English
Memberships / participations / policy
- Co-founder of Nordic Nomads
- Board Member in Impact Norway: Action Against Needless Disability
- Member of PATA Norway Chapter
- Relates to the Norwegian standard of journalism (Vær varsom-plakaten) and STS Code of Ethics
- All sponsored content and advertising is clearly marked according to Norwegian regulations
Stefan Gadd, PR director in Göteborg & Co mentions Reiselykke’s «Guide to Gothenburg» as an example of Norwegian media attention for Gothenburg last year. He writes /in Swedish):
«Most visitors come from Norway. Norwegian press visits us often and does nice travel guides such as this one from Reiselykke»